Our favorite Veggie Wrap – fast and tasty!
It’s time for another recipe. Here we go!
To be honest we never really ate wraps at home. Don’t ask us why but somehow, at least for us, this was always a “travel food”. Roman had tons of wraps on surf trips already, but at home? Nope! Maybe that’s going to change in the future.
Wraps are done super fast. Probably that’s why we eat so much of them here in New Zealand. But “fast” doesn’t always mean “bad” for you. It just depends on what you put into them. For us this are a lot of veggies. But you can nearly put everything in your Wraps, just make sure there is mustard and a lot of avocado in it – a mix we fell in love with!
Here in New Zealand we live in our van. When it’s raining outside wraps are high on our list. Quick & easy, perfect #vanlife food 😉
We went to the farmer’s market the prior day and got lots of good stuff. We love those markets! Usually vegetables are cheaper then in the supermarket and they definitely taste much fresher.
- Spinach Wraps (New Zealand has a huge selection of wraps)
- Baby Spinach
- 1 Raw Beetroot, cut into little chunks (That beetroot from the market was the best we’ve ever eaten – sooo sweet)
- Purple, Red & White Radish, cut into thin slices
- 2 Carrots, cut into thin slices
- 1 Apple, cut into small chunks
- 150g Feta Cheese, crumbled
- Hummus (the flavor you prefer)
- Avocado (the more the better)
We find the easiest way to put everything together is just making a veggie bowl (like a salat) and then we fill the wraps with it.
Note: this was all done on the entrance of our van (no fancy table here) 🙂
1. Place the mustard in the middle of the wraps:
2. Add the good stuff! But make sure not to put too much on it or it can be hard to fold…
3. Fold it up and you are ready to go!
5. Chill out 😉