Salad Bowl with roasted Pumpkin and Sweet Potato
Yes, finally it’s time for our first vegetarian recipe.
Much more to come, stay tuned!
It’s 3 a.m. Our alarm clock is ringing. We get up, take our backpacks and start. Our goal Mt. Ruapehu (2.797m). We did arrive at the parking lot quite late and haven’t seen much of the area when there was still light. It took us three hours navigating under the stars to get up this mountain.
But we were rewarded with a beautiful sunrise on top. That’s what keeps us motivated every time. No crowds, nothing, just us and the blowing wind. But this time it blew so strong that it felt like we have to freeze to death. Lucky us there was a shelter on top too. Anyway, there was no time for a cozy breakfast in the sun. Roman was taking some photos, we enjoyed the views, ate a few bites of our porridge and started our way back down.
After seven hours we made it back to our van and were craving for food! We threw everything we found together into a big bowl. The result: a big salad bowl with roasted pumpkin and sweet potatoes.
It was delicious, you should definitely try it! Roasted sweet potatoes are hard to beat! 😉
- 1/2 Cucumber, cut into slices
- 1 Tomato, cut into slices
- A handful of Olives
- 1/2 Zucchini, cut into slices
- 1 Big Sweet Potato, peel and cut into slices
- 1/4 Butternut Pumpkin, cut into small chunks
- 100g Feta Cheese, cut into small chunks
- 1/2 Pack Spinach
- 1/2 Tsp. Sesame
- 2 Tsp. Coconut Oil
- 1/2 Lemon
- A handfull of Pumpkin Seeds
- Heat the coconut oil.
- Add sweet potato slices and pumpkin chunks.
- Cook until they are soft (around 10 minutes) and add sesame.
- Place all ingredients in a big bowl, add lemon juice, pepper and salt and mix well.